Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles
The community of Lake City will remain an authentic historic district, developed on a pedestrian scale, environmentally and economically sound; and will sustain itself by serving residents of and visitors to the community. Lake City will be filled with locally owned businesses. It will offer superb service, creative and unique merchandise, and Lake City’s rare sense of community.
Using the “Four Point Main Street Approach,” work to strengthen, revitalize, and broaden the economic base of Historic Lake City while recognizing and promoting the historic, cultural, social, and economic significance and the spectacular resources of the San Juan Mountains.
- Collaborate with mission-aligned organizations to achieve common goals.
- Increase cooperative and collaborative marketing.
- Increase partnership and community input in all DIRT endeavors.
- Communicate planned actions and results with the public, other organizations, and local government.
- Appeal to all ages using a variety of methods of communication.
- Value diverse opinions.
- Maintain transparency.